Tuesday, April 5, 2011

NFS is a ...

I recently started my new job and have been tasked with creating an embedded application to speed up the processing a certain web pages. The process for embedded application at Trane involves booting the SC from a NFS mount, so that you can build your application and it is immediately ready to run and debug.

It was really strange, the SC would boot once, then it would return a -13 error during boot. Running the NFS daemon in the foreground showed me that it was complaining about my /etc/exports. I had my export set to "10.*", which seemed to cause a problem, even though the client was a 10..

Anyways changing the export to * seemed to fix the problem, so I am going to go with that for now. Might try to look at it again if things slow down again someday.

No comments: